If you are looking for a simple and meaningful gift for your students to give their parents and loved ones, the Directed Drawings Calendar is just what you need! Turn your students’ artwork into a holiday gift, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or end-of-the-year keepsake with these adorable directed drawings.
This resource includes monthly calendars for the years 2024 to 2028. Each month includes a simple and fun 6-step directed drawing that comes in 3 different versions to meet students at their skill level. Also, you will have 3 options for the instruction cards.
3 Drawing Options:
- Option 1: Step by Step directed drawings. Students will follow a 6 step drawing for each month onto a calendar and color the picture.
- Option 2: Students will trace and color the picture for each calendar month.
- Option 3: Students will color the picture for each calendar month.
Six-Step Instruction Cards:
These EASY to follow step-by-step drawings ensure that all your students are successful! Each new step is outlined in blue so that students know exactly what to add! All directed drawings also include a background in the 6th step.
- Option 1: Full page directed drawings for each month. This option can be used in a center.
- Option 2: Directed Drawing Strips (3 per page) so students can complete independently.
- Option 3: Guided directed drawing option. Use this version to guide students in the directed drawing process.
WHICH DRAWINGS ARE INCLUDED?
Each month has a themed directed drawing:
- January- Snowman
- February- Bear holding a heart
- March- Rainbow and pot of gold
- April- Penguin holding an umbrella
- May- Bunny holding a flower
- June- Sandcastle
- July- Dog holding a flag
- August- School Bus
- September- Apple Tree
- October- Pumpkins in a wheelbarrow
- November- Turkey
- December- Gingerbread house
HOW TO ASSEMBLE DIRECTED DRAWINGS CALENDARS
Once students complete all 12 months of their artwork calendar, students can add a portrait cover with a drawing of themselves. Then you can assemble the calendars using a binding machine, hole punch with ribbon or string, or stapled together.
I hope your students enjoy making this special Directed Drawings Calendar gift for their loved ones! If you would like to see more Directed Drawings activities, Click Here.