One of the things that can overwhelm me and cause me lots of stress, is piles of paperwork! Papers seems to pile up so quickly, and get out of control in no time at all! As a former teacher and now a homeschooling mom, I knew that organizing our paperwork was top priority. I couldn’t let piles of papers overtake our classroom and clutter our life. I feel yucky when there is a ton of paperwork just sitting there, begging me to put it away! I walk by the paperwork and we pretend not to see each other. It is a mutual agreement…until I break down and deal with it.Then there’s the burning question…What do I do with all of their schoolwork? Do I keep every single thing or do I toss some of it into the “round” file? Last year, I implemented a very simple system that saved my sanity and worked for me. In fact, it worked so well that I decided to do it again!
I set myself up for success by getting my monthly file box ready to go before the school year starts. I have 12 files for each girl, one for each month. The tabs have their name on them and a specific month. In our schoolroom, we have a box for completed work. When the girls finish a page or project, it goes into their finished box. At the end of the month, I grab all of those papers and file them in their file folder. Easy! I will let the girls decided what they want to keep or toss when they are older. For now, 80% of their work is filed away. The other 20% made it into the trash “round” file.
Another way you can use this filing system is to file away activities and worksheets by month. For example, if you found a really great Valentine’s Day activity online, you could print it and file it in February’s file. It is a great way to keep your “awesome” finds all in one place.
Check out these other fun ways to help organize your classroom:
Classroom Organization and File Folder Activities
Christine Gaudreau says
This is such a colorful and fun way to organize everything although it looks like a lot of work! Definitely going to pin it for later.
I love your resources however whenever I find one that I’m interested in whether it’s in Pinterest Facebook etc the link always takes me to your general web page and it’s so overwhelming to the point where I can’t find the resource I originally clicked on. It deters me from viewing or downloading purchasing ant resource whether it’s free or not
Please address this
I’m so sorry for the confusion! Sometimes other people pin images and link them to the home page instead of to the resource page. Could you tell me which product you are looking for or send me an image of the pin, and I’ll give you the direct link?
kindly tell me how to download these packs?
This is nice. Unfortunately I’m looking for a general filing system. Children are grown…. I’d love to see you’re home, auto, insurance, health, etc. system.
This system would work for all of the above too. The labels are editable, so you can type in whatever you’d like in order to help you get organized with those items. A simple filing system helps cut down on the clutter, and you can decide what you need to keep and what you can get rid of. I’d say go through them every 3 months or so to make sure you purge old outdated bills. I hope that helps!