Christmas will soon be here so we are gearing up to enjoy the season! It always seems to sneak up on me, but I am trying to be better prepared this year.
I have always wanted to try this cute tradition of wrapping up 24 Christmas books. You simply wrap 24 Christmas books that you already own and you open one book each day leading up to Christmas. The girls were THRILLED with the idea and they keep asking if they can open up a book and read it right now! Of course we are going to wait until December 1st, but they are super excited! Talk about a great way to get kids excited about reading!
We also made our very own Christmas tree! Why did we make a Christmas tree? We are using our cute paper Christmas tree in conjunction with 10 Christmas Math Centers pack. In our Christmas pack we have ornaments, lights and stockings, which will all be hung on our paper Christmas tree. I can’t wait to show you! I have already printed and laminated all of the materials! We are ready to make math FUN!
The best part about our tree is that the girls helped make it and we really enjoyed it! I could have bought the pre-made one from out teacher supply store, but this was so much more fun! Plus…ours has REAL Christmas lights and garland!
How to make your own paper Christmas tree:
1) Use fadeless paper and trace your tree design on the backside. I traced 5 scalloped layers to form a tree. After cutting out each layer, I taped the layers on top of each other to create a full size tree. You could also draw a simple triangular shape, which would work just as well.
2) Add a tree trunk to the base with a brown piece of construction paper. No cutting required.
3) String real lights across the tree. The best way to attach the lights is with some 3M hooks. The hooks are actually attached to the wall, not the Christmas tree. Tape will only cause the paper to rip and will not hold up for very long. This, I know by experience.
4) We also added garland from the Dollar Store and a simple star on top.
5) Add some cotton balls and you have falling snow!
That’s it! Super easy, super fun! It’s all about getting kids excited about learning!
We also decorated our pocket chart to make learning a little more exciting!
We have a ton of crafts planned, a bunch of fun learning and freebies too! So stay tuned!